I hate to have to break it to ya sis but you’re doing it ALL WRONG. In my spare time I read through skincare threads on Twitter and most of the time I am in shock at the number of mistakes many make with their skincare routines. Now I’m not one to judge BUUUUUUUTTTT…
So today I am gonna help my queens out. I am going to list the five common skincare mistakes and give some solutions on how to correct those mistakes. Were going to go from least common to the most common mistakes. Let’s get it POPPIN!
5. Over or Not Exfoliating Enough: I see that most people don’t exfoliate enough or do it too much. You should be exfoliating at least 2-3 times a week, NOT once a month or every day just 2-3 times a week. I exfoliate my skin twice a week.
4. Not Cleansing Long Enough: Most if not ALL of the time a quick lather and rinse won’t do the job. Most dermatologist recommend you wash your face for at least 30-60 seconds. I personally cleanse my face for about a minute and a half.
3. Lack of SPF: Listen Shirley, black might don’t crack, but it does scar. The sun is our WORST enemy (except for bomb ass selfies). You need some type of SPF in your skincare routine. My daytime moisturizer contains SPF as well as my daytime eye cream.
2. Wrong Products: I’m not saying you all are using the wrong product but I’m saying you’re using the wrong products. LOL A lot of products you use may have worked at one point or are hyped up products on the internet but yall are not using products that are made for your skin type AND IT SHOWS. I Recommend trying out products that are made with your skin type in mind and do tons of research about ingredients and what they do for your skin type.
1. Lack of Consistency: The number one mistake I see is consistency. Despite what we may desire, you do not get poppin skin overnight. Healthy skin is achieved through consistent training. Even if you’re dead tired, it is important to do some sort of skincare routine.
I hope I didn’t chew yall too bad. I just want everybody to have POPPIN skin for the summer. Love yall!